- Reputable. There are many secondary pharmaceutical wholesalers out there looking for your business, but if they aren’t doing things the right way, you could end up with inferior products and subpar service. Only use secondary wholesalers who are NABP Accredited to be sure you’re getting the highest quality products without any suspect pedigrees. Your business and your reputation is too valuable to be gambling with unscrupulous distributors.
- Large catalog. As a pharmacist, your work life is busy. That’s why it doesn’t pay to be spending hours scouring through dozens of distributors to get all the drugs you need. Find a pharmaceutical distributor with a large enough catalog to be your total secondary solution. Time is money, and wasting it trying to cobble together piecemeal orders is not the best use of your time. That’s why Masters is so proud of our massive catalog—we’re a one-stop shop for our customers with cost-competitive pricing on thousands of brands, generics, OTCs, and more.
- Price / Savings Opportunities. This one may seem self-evident—after all if you’re looking on the secondary market, you’re trying to save the most money you can. Every day low prices are great, but they shouldn’t be the only cost-saving metric you use when selecting a secondary. Many distributors will offer additional ways to save with frequent product sales, special offers, and programs that can maximize your margins. That’s why here at Masters we offer 1% back on everything bought via ACH payment, have weekly weekend sales, and a myriad of other programs to find deep discounts. If your secondary distributor is not routinely finding new ways to save you money, they aren’t working hard enough for your pharmacy.
- Personalized Service. The value in having an industry expert who is following market trends and can work with you to find the best values for pharmacy cannot be overstated. Even if you’re someone who prefers to order online, your secondary wholesaler should have a point of contact to speak to when you need help finding products, getting bulk-order pricing, or just navigating the ever changing landscape of the pharmaceutical business. A sage advisor who is well versed in the daily ins and outs of the pharmacy business and is empowered to prioritize your business is worth their weight in reimbursements.
- Easy to Work With. This last idea encompasses a variety of terms, services, and quality of life improvements a secondary can offer. The right secondary for your pharmacy will accept the form of payment you want to use, offer generous credit terms, give free next-day air shipping, allow you to connect with EDI, have an easy to use online ordering portal, and are open late to fit better into your schedule. Individually these conveniences may seem small, but when taking a holistic view of a secondary, it’s important to know the way they work also works for your pharmacy. That is why here at Masters we pride ourselves in offering all these features on top of our massive and hyper-competitive catalog—we’re the secondary second to none and have the products, prices, people, and prestige to prove it.
The Pharmacy Post
News you can use
Dec 01, 2021