Privacy Notice – Masters Pharmaceutical
Effective Date: October 23, 2023
At Masters Pharmaceutical (“Masters”, “our”, “us”, or “we”), we value the trust that pharmacies, healthcare providers and governmental entities or agencies place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to our use of personal information we collect in connection with your use of the Masters Pharmaceutical website or in the ordinary course of business. It also informs how Masters will use, share and protect personal information about you. By using this site or providing personal information, you accept the privacy practices in this Privacy Notice. Please read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using the website or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to the Masters Pharmaceutical website (mastersrx.com) and our use of personal information we collect in connection with your use of the site.
The Privacy Notice does not apply to:
- Masters affiliates and subsidiaries that may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice.
- Masters business partners, ad networks and other third parties that may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices.
We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites and applications that you visit and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
In connection with your use of the site, we may collect personal information about you. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- First name, last name
- Business address, telephone numbers, and electronic mail address
- IP address, user’s browser type
- Information you provide directly to us:
- When you use the site.
- When you use offline features related to site, such as communicating with us by phone, e-mail, or in person.
- When you interact with us in the ordinary course of business.
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Personal information may be aggregated with other information that may not be considered personal information. If we combine your non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information. These technologies include the following:
- Web server logs
- As is true of most websites and applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We also use local storage to collect and store content information and preferences. Our third-party partners who provide certain features or display advertising on our site may do the same. Your browser may offer tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
These tracking technologies are used to:
- Analyze trends
- Perform data analysis and audits
- Track user’s movement through our platforms
If the tracking information we collect is considered individually identifiable information, the data is treated as Protected Health Information (”PHI”) under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (”HIPAA”). Use and disclosure of such data will comply with HIPAA’s Privacy and Security rule.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ”Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This site or application is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Customer and troubleshooting support
- Marketing notices, newsletter, or communications via email, fax, mail, mobile badge notifications and or text messages
We may also use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Where permitted in our legitimate interest, or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your name and email address to send you our newsletter.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
Masters Pharmaceutical does not sell your personal information to third parties, however; may need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Masters if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, Masters, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of Masters assets.
You can limit the personal information you disclose to us by choosing not to provide it within the site or by failing to provide information through any offline features or in the ordinary course of business.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those emails, or by contacting us using the contact information listed below.
Access to Personal Information
Masters allows you to directly view, edit, or delete information about you through your profile settings. If this option is not available, you can update information about you by contacting your account representative or at info@MastersRx.com.
We will retain your personal information as long as you use the site, your account is active, as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (”HIPAA”)
As a provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the HIPAA privacy and security requirements. Under HIPAA, each covered entity (health care provider, health plan, or health care clearinghouse) is required to provide or make available to you a Notice of Privacy Practices (NoPP), depending on your interaction with the covered entity. To the extent a McKesson affiliate or subsidiary is a covered entity, a NoPP will be provided to you or made available to you by that covered entity. Any NoPP is not related to the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
Social Media Connection
You may choose to use the site in connection with social networking services such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter (‘Social Networking Services’). By using these Social Networking Services with the site, we can offer you a more personal experience. If you connect your current account to a Social Networking Services account, we may collect certain personal information that you have provided to that Social Networking Service. For example, when you log in with your Facebook credentials, we may collect personal information from your Facebook profile, such as your email address, profile picture, and friend list.
How We Protect Your Information
We protect the information we collect with appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards. We only allow our employees, contractors, and agents to access personal information if they need access to perform services on Masters behalf. They are also subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information is transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Even though we have security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security. If you have any questions about security or believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure (for example, you feel that your account with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us at Privacy@McKesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Updates may describe new features, products or services. Updates may also describe changes in how we use your personal information or to your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected. Since we may make changes, we recommend that you read the current version of this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, Masters Pharmaceutical)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329